Friday, February 12, 2010

Anyone have any tips to keep opossums out of my yard?

My room is in the backyard and those little buggers can scare you in you aren't suspecting them!





I can't get a pet to scare them off nor can I use any guns. I think anything else goes though.Anyone have any tips to keep opossums out of my yard?
This isnt a great answer , but it is one I researched as I have a pet who kills them and I am tired of cleaning them up. My research was buying fox urine and putting it around their travel path (maybe outside of the room?) I have a dog and that doesnt keep them out, they are stubborn.Anyone have any tips to keep opossums out of my yard?
If you have pet food outside they can be coming to that. I had a problem with 2 opossums coming right up on my front porch eating cat food--huge fat ones, too. Try not leaving the pet food out overnight.


They will also come for food scraps or garbage. They're there for a reason. Something is ';attracting'; them.
Go to a hair salon and ask for the hair they sweep up. Take the hair and spread it around the yard. Wild animals will smell ';humans'; in the area and stay away.
Dorton is right. Get a trap. I used one to catch raccoons with one. Set it by the house with an egg in it for bait.
Don't leave any food out there, for anything.
get a live trap.bait it and catch it. then take it about 5 miles away and turn it loose........

No comments:

Post a Comment