Friday, February 12, 2010

How to keep opossums out of the yard?

I don't want to catch them, I just want a way to keep them out of my yard. Almost every night opossums or maybe skunks or armadillos are digging in our yard. Is there anyway to keep them out of yard. Please let me know, please and thanks!How to keep opossums out of the yard?
I've been gardening in a rural area for 35 years, and know from sad experience that nothing works for any amount of time but a dog.





Repel works for me for deer, but I hybridize daylilies and only spray it on them--it would be too expensive to treat the whole perimeter of my property. I don't know if you'd have any success with it for your pests or not, but it's probably worth a try. You can get it at Lowe's and maybe some garden centers.How to keep opossums out of the yard?
I've never seen opossums digging- I think you've got armadillos. I think you should stay up late one night to see.





You need to figure out what kind of animal it actually is, and why it is digging, before you have a chance of understanding it well enough to get rid of it.
We have opossums and skunks, and I have never know the opossums to create a problem. The skunks do dig small round holes that look like someone poked a stick in the ground and twirled it around.





Skunks like to dig grubs, so perhaps if you treated the grubs they would go elsewhere. Good luck.
Put this sign up! When the critters see this, they'll think twice!





http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/41671鈥?/a>
I concur with daylily a dawg is the best pest control for your problem.
sprinkle pepper all over the area they visit

No comments:

Post a Comment