Sunday, February 7, 2010

I have a opossum living in my attic and he appears to be chewing at about 2 a.m. We cannot trap him. What is o

If you can't trap him personally, there are various professionals who specialize in capturing wild animals. After the possum is gone, the main thing would be to seal up the entrance where he came in, to make sure you don't get other uninvited guests.I have a opossum living in my attic and he appears to be chewing at about 2 a.m. We cannot trap him. What is o
My daughter also has the same problem


Trapping them is about the only solutionI have a opossum living in my attic and he appears to be chewing at about 2 a.m. We cannot trap him. What is o
Trapping is the only solution.I dont know where you live but here they are protected. Call Your Local Vet who should know who catches and relocates them.Do it soon as they are known to chew throught wires.We have a service called WIRES who look after injured native animals ,perhaps you have a similar service.
When that happened to me, I called my friend that works at the forest preserve. She told me to put a radio and a light up there and turn them on. I wasn't sure this would work but she told me to put flour around the area I thought they were coming in at. Sure enough, there were the tracks. I haven't had any problem with nesting animals in years. I now just flip a switch. Remember these are wild animals you still have to release and chances are they'll come back. Visit http://DreamFlipper.com and you can read about us for another part of the story. Good luck!
An opossum will eat bread. Put bread in a trap.
don't try to trap him yourself since they are very dangerous animals, call animal control it's their responsibility
What should help you is the following: Get a camoflage cage first of all, then get a piece of chicken, or some other meat that might be a bit soft and charcoal it on a grill naturally with no flavoring so the opossum can catch its smell. This should work, unless the opossum got smarter with earlier traps........
If you wait outside near whatever hole he uses to climb in there... and use a 12 gauge with #9 pellet load.... it would be tough to miss him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment