Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is something wrong with an opossum if it comes out in the daytime?

I have seen the same opossum two days in a row, walking along my ivy-covered fence. Since opossums are nocturnal, does this mean there is something wrong with the opossum? If so, what should I do to help it?Is something wrong with an opossum if it comes out in the daytime?
Stay away from it as it might have rabies.


When Nocturnal animals come out during the day, you should keep your distance as it is one of the indicators of an animal suffering from hydrophobia.Is something wrong with an opossum if it comes out in the daytime?
well theyre blind, isnt that wrong enough for you?





And i get attacked by the same hawk everyday, but theres nothing wrong with the hawk
it usually means it has rabies
The first thing you need to notice is if the animal is acting aggressive and unafraid. If so, there is always a chance of rabies, but probably unlikely if it hasn't tried attacking yet. On the other hand, if it hisses and spits when you move toward it, won't budge an inch backward, watch its travels closely to find where it is making its bed and I bet you will find babies. I had one do the same thing when I lived in downtown San Jose, and found it to be bedding in the garage. It came out day and night, would see me watching and stop beside one of the fence posts, (teehee) hiding. The first time I started toward the garage to do laundry, ';she'; ran towards me spitting and hissing like a cat. Being from the country and knowing to get help, I called the animal control to vacate her from my premises. It was not easy, but there was a loud, funny crying sound left behind and upon their inspection found 4 babies. I am glad to report the entire family was gathered together and released back up into the mountains. YEAH! If you rather, when it is hanging around your place constantly, (especially if little children are around) you may want to call animal control right away. Hope this helps


1
You have already posted this 4 times, you aren't going to get your question answered by repeating yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment