Friday, February 12, 2010

Should I get a opossum?

My uncle has pet oppossums and he said he would give me one they are very nice they dont stink and they use a litter box they are all very sweet should I take one as a petShould I get a opossum?
They make wonderful pets,(just don't expect them to come when you call, use a small bell, works better)Should I get a opossum?
I've had a few in my life.


They're rather easy to care for, very loving, super cute. :]





You can minimize cost by using a minimal cage and allowing him free roam of your house for the most part, or building your own cage.


Just be sure you know where there's a veterinarian that'll handle him, or if a local wildlife rehab center will help you out to find one, or care for him, when he needs it.
Before acquiring any animal, you must do your research.


Here are a few links to check into:


http://www.ehow.com/how_2046508_care-pet鈥?/a>


http://www.knowyoursto.com/





Please know these also get VERY expensive.


Not their price, but the cost to care for them.


Their cage, food, bedding, toys, treats, etc., this all adds up. Make sure you are ready to take on the responsibility before getting a pet.





hope this helps!





Lily
They're scary! All those teeth.


Why would you want one? Do they make good pets? I know, at least, where I live, it's illegal to keep wild animals as pets.
clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment