Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I safely get rid of a opossum family? I do not want my two dogs to kill them.?

my two dogs brought a baby opossosum in my home . thank god it was stunned so I took it back outside. please help me I do not want them killedHow can I safely get rid of a opossum family? I do not want my two dogs to kill them.?
Trap the mother with a Hav -A - Hart trap and gather the babies in a box and take them to a wooded area to release them. If you call someone to come and get them,be warned,many of these ';nuisance trappers '; just kill the animals and it is perfectly legal. They drown them,electrocute them,club them or inject chemicals into their lungs. It's terrible. You could also walk your dogs on leashes until the opossums leave on their own.How can I safely get rid of a opossum family? I do not want my two dogs to kill them.?
Yep animal control do not ever go near a possum they have very sharp teethe and are very dangerous, i was attacked by one who was hiding in my trashcan!! haha lol. I called animal control they trapped it and said they would release it in the woods
Call Animal Control. They'll get them resettled somewhere.
We had possums moving into our den, which is on a slab floor, and setting up housekeeping. Our cats avoided them Animal control recommended spraying ammonia around where they could enter, which worked. They don't like it, doesn't hurt them, and the smell (for humans) goes away fast. One good thing, possums eat snails and slugs, so be careful about using snail and slug poison.

No comments:

Post a Comment