Sunday, February 7, 2010

Have you ever run over an opossum?

I know that opossums are really over populated, but I couldn鈥檛 grasp the fact that so many of them get run over on a daily basis. Are you all right with it?Have you ever run over an opossum?
Darn Opossum's if Humans would not build roads where they live we would not run over them. It would not be so bad but Opossum's look up at the last minute and growl and show there teeth. Down in texas we have a armored version Armadillo's get squashed too. Right now is Skunk season too. Cycle past a squashed Skunk!!! Phew!!! At least the Vultures have somehing to eat. Up in the pacific north west what eats the road kill?Have you ever run over an opossum?
I try with in reason to drive around wild life. But I am not going to crash my car trying to avoid a Squrrel, Skunk, Armardillo or Opossum.

Report Abuse



My record is 4 in one night in about 3 or 4 miles. I hit a BIG beaver one time in my Jeep. Opossums are nasty scavengers. Once I hit a opossum and then came back across the same stretch of road about 30 mins later and another opossum was eating the first one I hit, so I hit him to for being a cannibal. True story!
The day I finished putting a new clutch in my car and was going out for a test drive I squished one. I went completely into the other lane to give the guy a chance but he kept running and blamo, right under the tire.
Well I don't hit them on purpose but I guess it's population control to some extent.
It happens. The only things I feel bad about running over are dogs and cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment