Friday, February 12, 2010

Just wondering if my family is the only family that has ever had pet opossums?

My mom and dad rescued 5 opossums a few months ago. They were so sweet! It was like having a dog or cat. They set them free about a month ago. A couple of them still come back at night to eat!Just wondering if my family is the only family that has ever had pet opossums?
Yes, we live on a canyon and I feeding opossum, raccoon, skunk, cat and coyote.


When my kids younger I used to put up live trap so they could see the critters up close. I release them unharmed very quick. But one day an opossum get trap. When I release her she would not go. I kept feeding her and gave her water. Then Realize she had bunch of babies in her pouch that came out to nurse. She use that live trap as her den for LONG time. She was very good mother. Very sweet. I did not bring them in the house, though, as I no Have rehab license, so would be against the law. It was great year though. We all learn alot from each other!! Yes, they still coming back to eat! Even during the day so we watched them grow up!Just wondering if my family is the only family that has ever had pet opossums?
I've heard of people with pet opossums before. see? http://lh5.ggpht.com/abramsv/R8e0YAVx_-I鈥?/a> it's not a very common pet like a dog or a cat. but people do keep them =]
I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 5 fish, 1 turtle, 2 foxes, and 3 racoons at my house. Never have I heard of a pet oppossom
WOW i have heard of people having skunks and squirrels but never opossums and Im from the mountains!! Where the hell are you from? Those things just look mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No ive had a couple of them im from MS
My SO had them at a younger age. I havent owned one personally yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment