Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Have you ever seen an Opossum ?

Please I am giving a speech tonight, and I am trying to save an important area from land Development.


I really need to know if you have ever seen one, and if so where, what time of day, and how big were the ones you have seen?


Please only answer truthfullyHave you ever seen an Opossum ?
Yes I use to belong to the Opossum soc.


I have seen adults and babies too.


Where Socal in the mountains.


one came to my back door to eat cat food evening. about 6-8 #





found a baby in a trash can. cute as a button... big button eyes. mom had probably gone in there to see if there was something to eat and the baby (clinging to her back) fell off


It was old enough to live on it's own so I just released it into the hedge.


morning it was about the size of an apple.


they are really good animals eat black widow spiders.


and fallen fruit.


get along with cats but dogs often kill them (as do cars because they saunter along and don't run fast)Have you ever seen an Opossum ?
Yes, I have seen them. Minnesota and Wisconsin, mostly farm country, though still occuring as you get closer to the suburbs. They are most commonly on the roads as they come out of the woods. Mostly at night, I have never seen one during the day. Its mostly Opossums and Deer that I see on the side of the road (dead) and I have to admit, I did accidently run one over myself (I also did stop, and make sure it was dead) The ones that I have seen seemed to be full body weight, didnt seem to have any malnutrition, about a foot long or so? Most of the time I was driving so I couldnt say for sure.


Hope that helps.
I see them all the time. Usually every spring one near my house has babies and they always manage to hang themselves from my back porch. I know I shouldn't but I unhook their little tails and put them in near a tree or something so my dogs don't find them. I live in central Pennsylvania, I see at all different times and I have seen them from babies (about 6 inch bodies) up to adults the biggest being probably about 15 pounds and maybe 12-15 inches long-not including the tail
Yes I saw one in Bucks County PA about a half mile from Van Saint Airport. She was in the middle of the road in the middle of the afternoon. Her tail was up over her back and six little ones were riding on her back with their tails rapped around her tail. She was about the size of a small cat and the babies bodies were three and a half to four inches long. So adorable.
Yes.


i have seen tons. i live in north west Florida, about an hour above Panama City[if you know where that is:)]


i see them quite often accually. they are all around where i live, and they've came up and started munching down on cat food right along with our cats. We usually see them out at night. :)





hope this is help. :]





btw, i do live in the sticks.:))) ahh haa.
Yes i've seen one. There was one in my backyard a couple years ago. We put some rotton fruit and stuff out there and it found the fruit and started eating one of the bannanas. My friend and I followed it around the whole night and filmed it. It was very friendly and nice.
Yes. I was little, in my shore house by a bay/woods.


It came out at night. it was in my friend's bed, at the bottom. so we took it into the woods. but I'm pretty sure it was big. I do know i was scared.


good luck!
OMG, OPOSSOMS! Heck yes I've seen one. One scurried up into my tree over yonder. And I just ran up and grabbed that sucker. Then I took heem into my kitchen and boiled the bugger. That was a gooden.
Yes I've seen them many times crossing the street, in my neighborhood, over in woodlands in garabge cans all over. The last time I saw one was at my Aunties house on top a wooden fence it was about 12:00a.m.
Yes, It was at Fort Totten (old military place), NYC at like 11 pm.


Eh, looked like it would be 10 pounds.
yeah, i was at my cousins down the street from me and it was about the size of a normal cat

No comments:

Post a Comment