Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Jack Russel was bitten by an opossum, I think. Up to date on all shots. Cleaned the wound. Will he be okay?

I saw him take off after the animal but am not sure if it was a cat, opossum, or rat. when he returned, there was a scrape and bite or puncture mark on his left leg. It's been three days and everything seems fine. Is he in the clear? What symptoms should I be watching for?My Jack Russel was bitten by an opossum, I think. Up to date on all shots. Cleaned the wound. Will he be okay?
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


DUH?


It'll be FINE.


I've taken hundreds of vermin w/dogs....stop freaking out over NOTHING!





added=It IS ';fun';!


There is NO DANGER!


It's NOT cause to run screaming for a medivac chopper!My Jack Russel was bitten by an opossum, I think. Up to date on all shots. Cleaned the wound. Will he be okay?
Firt, if your sure it was a Opossum, it will be a relief for you to know that Opossums do not carry rabies or parvo, due to their low body temperature.





You cleaned the wound, it's also a good idea to put some bacitracyn on it..you can use Neosporin. Keep an eye on him, any puss, bring him to the vet. Since you cleaned the wound, I don't think you'll have a problem.
Yikes, no fun for the puppers.





I would just CALL the e-vet and see what they say. I call any time my maniac gets into trouble just to put my own mind at rest. Your dog will likely be fine, but I bet you would sleep better just hearing that from a vet.





Just my 2 cents. I call anytime I am overly concerned because I am an inherent worrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment