Friday, February 5, 2010

I have an opossum in my home. I have tried poisons. rat traps to no avail. How can I eliminate this thing?

It isnt hurting you leave it alone.I have an opossum in my home. I have tried poisons. rat traps to no avail. How can I eliminate this thing?
Call an exterminator.

Report Abuse


I have an opossum in my home. I have tried poisons. rat traps to no avail. How can I eliminate this thing?
call animal control, they can trap it and move it somewhere else.
You'll have to find an elevator, the kind the farmers go to for seed and supplies. Ask the clerk for some yellow fly bait, it's a light yellow cornmeal looking substance. when you get this take a foil pie tin and put the fly bait in it, mix it with a bottle of regular Coke. Opossums and raccoons like the sweet taste of the coke so they drink, normally after they drink they only go a few feet before they expire.
The best way is to use a trap like this one:


http://froogle.google.com/froogle?btnG=S鈥?/a>





Usually, you can borrow these from the local animal shelter. Ask them how to use it.





Be sure you get the right size and use it properly. Possums are easy to catch, so if you don't catch it, you're doing something wrong. Possums love peanut butter and it is fragrant enough to attract them, if you place it near where they pass.





Good luck!
Live trap it with bait. Most hardwares stores carry ';HaveaHart'; live traps.
how did u land up with one?

No comments:

Post a Comment