Friday, February 5, 2010

My American bulldog has killed a opossum, cat and fought a raccoon. Should I be concerned?

These animals came into the yard and would not go away when my dog barked.My American bulldog has killed a opossum, cat and fought a raccoon. Should I be concerned?
First of all don't listen to all those city idiots that are saying that your dog killing a coon, possum, and cat will turn and bite a child that is just ignorant!!. If that was true labs, retrievers, hound dogs, ect would all be child killers. I've lived on a ranch all my life and raccoons especially will try and go for dog food or harrass a dog, and its in a dogs nature to defend its territory. If i was you i would warn your neighbors that if their animal comes into your yard there is nothing that you can do and they better keep a better eye on their pet.My American bulldog has killed a opossum, cat and fought a raccoon. Should I be concerned?
Yes, be VERY concerned. Remember when your dog kills an animal YOU are responsible. Once a dog get ';used'; to killing it isn't a great leap for them to go for smaller mammals (children).In some states, it is not always necessary for the animal to actually bite or attack the victim in order to hold the owner liable for an injury. This could mean not only having your animal put down,but YOU being SUED for (especially with knowledge of prior attacks). Seek behavior modification training for your dog ASAP.
Yeah. I love my doberman and boxer, all dogs, really, but if it was my cat your dog killed, I would have already shot it. What if a 3 year old kid wandered into your yard somehow? Your dog doesn't know the difference, its obviously not well trained. Any animal that kills will keep doing it. You have a massive liabililty on your hands, and, hopefully, on your concience.
Concerned about what? Rabbies? Is he properly vaccinated? What's there to worry about?
You should be very concerned. Dogs don't know the difference between a pet cat and a stray... and you will end up having to put him down if that happens.
Concerned maybe a little, the cat was problably someones pet. Make sure your dog has it shots up to date.


These dogs are known to be animal aggressive, hope you already knew that when you got him/her.


Is he/she people friendly? That would be my concern!
once a dog has become ';blooded'; they cant help but kill ,they will become more aggressive,and u must make sure that the dog cant get out of your yard.U will be responcible if the dog kills or bites another animal or human.Goodluck.
Yes I would be very concerned!!





Your dog has started a pattern of killing and once done, it will happen over and over again. I would either make him an indoor dog and go out with him when he goes out.





You don't want the next kill to be a small kid or the neighbors puppy or cat.





I definatly would put him inside or find him another home.





He has tasted the kill.and he will continue to look for it
I would think as long as your dog has had its rabbies vaccine it will be fine. If s/he starts acting aggressive though, take it to the vet. My dogs try to kill everything that comes in our backyard, theyre protecting their territory. Its completely normal for your dog to have killed these animals, as long as its not aggressive toward people.
your dog is a soldier, send em to iraq
hell yeah. shoot him.

No comments:

Post a Comment