Friday, February 5, 2010

Opossum in my house! What to do?

It came in through the doggie door to eat the pet food in the kitchen, I guess. How can I safely remove it? Seriously.Opossum in my house! What to do?
If you just shoo him ou with a broomt, he'll be back for dinner every day. That may have to do for now, but you'll want to get a trap from your local animal control folks so you can relocate him.Opossum in my house! What to do?
I had this problem one time. My wife put a big pot over it %26amp; scooted it out the door.


The next night it was back. I shot it where it stood. (my kitchen floor)
I think the ASPCA should be alerted. Is it still there???
run after it, it will play dead. Put on a thick pair of leather gloves and scoop it up. Carry it outside and hang it upside down by its tail.





Seriously, call animal control. The little beast could be dangerous.
Call the animal control.
Call any rehab center for wildlife they will come pick it up..Oppossums are not mean as long as it doesn't feel threatened or that you are trying to hurt it, they are just looking for food and no they dont have rabies like raccoons do . In the meantime you can put a plate of food outside somewhere that is not by the door or near the house until the rehab center can pick it up. You can also enclose him in the kitchen where he is at and leave the kitchen door open till he walks out. People are so quick to judge an animal without learning about them first. They have as much right to live as anybody here. They are here for a purpose if you come to think about it they do help keep the mouse population down because they are similar to cats they eat mice besides everything else they can eat....They only attack or bite if she has babies or feels they are going to be hurt. If you leave them alone they will leave you alone....I know cause my daughter raised 1 since birth when the mother was killed, He was like a cat/dog and we never had any problems with him...Unfortunately he passed away after 3 years old...Also oppossums are the most misunderstood animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment