Friday, February 5, 2010

Where would an opossum live best?

I am going to catch two young opossums that have made a home beneath the water fountain by my front door. I don't want to call someone who will probably just kill them, I want to release them where they can be free and happy ;)


Where should I take them?


In my area we have woods, lakes, rivers, farmland(both farmed and left fallow)........The list goes on and on.





So, if you were an opossum, where would you want to live most?Where would an opossum live best?
If they are young and you just dump them out, more than likely they will be dinner for some predator. Try to think about what an opossum would need for a den to live in/escape predators. Don't just dump them out in some open field with no cover. Good luck.Where would an opossum live best?
Well opossums live everywhere like:


Rain forest


Forest


Live near the lake


In the woods





But first you have to search the Internet to know what type of


opossums it is and check their habitat and make sure


the habitat has fresh water no bush fires to just keep them safe.
If I was a opossum I would choose the woods. I'm not sure exactly where they prefer seeing as how I've seen them everywhere, including the inner city. As long as they are away from the road I guess. If I was an opossum I would never want to go near any road, ever. It's a bad scene for them.
Just take them to the woods and be careful handling them. Opossums are nasty creatures - they are carrion eaters ( meaning they eat dead things) and carry many diseases. Just take them to the woods and turn them loose, they will figure out where they want to go.
woods %26amp; near the river so i could get a drink.
in the woods
near river

No comments:

Post a Comment