Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Why do people dislike the Virgina opossum?

I am a wildlife biologist and rehabber. The opossum is one of the most mistreated mammals in North America. Why?Why do people dislike the Virgina opossum?
I don't know why.





So many animals are mistreated by Man, I've never understood the mentality of these ignorant people.





We can only try to educate them %26amp; pick up the mess they leave in their wake.Why do people dislike the Virgina opossum?
1) They have brains the size of ping-pong balls.


2) They raid chicken houses.


3) They look like giant rats.
They have a terrible press agent, he's want I say ';Opossum, the other white meat';
Never had them cooked correctly. Takes skill and they can't be dead too long before picking them up off the road.
I have no idea.


I have always liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment