Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How do I get rid of an opossum on my driveway during the day?

It is in the middle of the day and it is sitting outside my garage. Im not sure if it is dying or not.How do I get rid of an opossum on my driveway during the day?
Immediately call your local police or animal control officer. The opossum is sick and could bite you or anyone not trained to catch the animal. The police and animal control officer will place a trap and catch him then they will determine what to do with him. You could possibly borrow a trap from one of the above mentioned and put it out then once the opossum is caught call the animal control officer.How do I get rid of an opossum on my driveway during the day?
Please listen to Dyno. The opossum is sick. Do not let out your animals and do call the local animal control office. Nocturnal animals out in the daytime are sick and should not be messed with. I understand you wanting it gone; however, do nothing which could endanger you or someone else. Instead, call someone to come get it.
shoot it!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it is alive and in front of your house during the day then it has Rabies and I would not go near it. Call the local police the will come and kill it if it is a danger to the neighborhood. It is a DANGER and will attack when it has rabies because it loses it's mind. They are nocturnal creatures and if out during the day 95% of the time it has rabies. Call the police or animal control. Keep all kids and pets away.
It will move on its own, leave it alone, it is playing possum.





Possums DO NOT CARRY RABIES, by the way, you are getting erroneous info. We have possums all the time, if the dogs bother them they just freeze up, and lie there like they are dead. I have had to use a shovel and toss them over the fence in the past, so the dogs would just shut up. Like I said, leave it alone don't disturb it, keep kids and animals away, and it will most likely disappear in a short while.
set out poison for it they scoop it up then bury it

No comments:

Post a Comment