Friday, February 5, 2010

Is it legal to own a Virginia Opossum in New Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana?

I rescued an injured Opossum and I'd like to keep it. Is it legal to? If you're just going to say something like, ';it's wild!' or, ';it's dangerous!'; please don't answer. He is very sweet and he likes to cuddle in my lap and be stroked and pet, he's also adorable. Thank youIs it legal to own a Virginia Opossum in New Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana?
I would call your local DNR. Even if it illegal, you can probably get a permit to keep him.





FYI, opossums aren't rodents.Is it legal to own a Virginia Opossum in New Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana?
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it's legal to keep wild animals as pets in most states. (Then again I live in Canada, so like I said I'm not really clear with the rules down south).





What you could do is call up a wildlife rescue group, or perhaps the SPCA, there should be something like that in your area that will take in an opossum. Good luck :)
yes its normal dont let some idiots screw with you saying : oh no its poisinous its dangerous its illegal thats just crap If anyone derives you the right to have this pet you have the legal and full-proof citizen rights to complain and even take light action.

No comments:

Post a Comment