Friday, February 5, 2010

What does a raccoon, opossum, or skunk sound like?

I have been hearing an animal at night I can not identify. It does not sound like a bug or a bird.What does a raccoon, opossum, or skunk sound like?
Here is a page with wav files of racoon and skunk sounds. I know a baby skunk crawled onto my windowsill one night when I was young and I heard a tiny mewing sound like a kitten. It was stormy, so I thought a stray kitten had gotten caught by the storm, and when I pulled back the curtain to check on the kitten I found that it was a skunk! I screamed and ran all the way down the hall from my room, but luckily the skunk didn't spray the window.What does a raccoon, opossum, or skunk sound like?
raccons make a chitter chatter sound, possums may hiss when threatened, don't know bout skunks.
Raccoons chitter.
  • hot myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment